Lisa Marie Nelson, PHD
If You Knew Then What You Know Now…
Ever wished you had an older (wiser) version of yourself, sharing advice and offering support on how to cope with whatever life is throwing at you right now? Well, Sh*t I Wish I Knew Yesterday is exactly what you’ve been looking for.
In this book, Dr. Lisa Marie Nelson writes to her 20-year-old self about what she’ll encounter on her life journey over the next two decades. This universal, timeless advice will help you show up as the best possible version of yourself, across all the highs and lows. Lisa’s light, chatty, friendly style offers the tough love that only a best friend or older sibling can offer.
It’s about tapping into your hard-won wisdom, owning your story, and using that enhanced self-awareness to write the next best chapter of your life.
This honest and engaging book offers fifty-two life lessons, one for each week of the year, to help you prepare for the road ahead, including how to
- Appreciate life’s struggles, rather than resist them
- Discern where your responsibility starts … and ends
- Stop apologizing for EVERYTHING
- Embrace your spirituality, tapping into your creativity and purpose
- Recognize patterns in your life that may be pulling you away from your dreams and goals
- Cultivate gratitude and acceptance
- Embrace your creativity without ditching your day job
- How to develop and nurture deep self-compassion
About the Author
Lisa Marie Nelson
During a sabbatical from her biotech/biopharma career, Lisa trained at the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC). She is a Certified Professional Coach (CPC), an Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP), and a certified Cor.E dynamic transition coach.
When not working, writing or coaching, Lisa can be found swimming, biking, running, and playing east of San Francisco with her partner and two (very spoiled) rescue dogs: Kona and Anela.