The Loss of a Child Is the Most Heart-Wrenching Pain for a Parent to Endure
It breaks your heart. It tears you apart and shatters your hope and your dreams for the future. How does a parent cope with such a loss? When she lost her beloved daughter, Siu-Ling, Kim Han came to understand why she had returned from her near-death experience many years earlier. The lessons she learned from that experience soothed the ragged edges of her broken heart after Siu-Ling’s death.
By reading this poignant, thought-provoking story, you will discover:
- The often-undiagnosed physical impact of losing a loved one
- The healing power that always surrounds us that we tend to take for granted
- How to empower ourselves to take control of our healing and our lives
- How to honor our lost loved ones and feel their loving presence
- How to raise our awareness of the subtle message that love transcends all dimensions
Through witnessing Kim’s journey, you learn how to navigate the different stages of grief and find healing—even meaning—in the loss of a child.
About the Author
Kim Han, MA, MLIS, is a retired librarian and author of The Canadian Inuit Dog: Icon of Canada’s North. She wrote I Am with You Everywhere: Finding Solace in the Mists of Grief to honor her daughter, a wildlife biologist and dog teamer who lived and worked in Canada’s North for almost two decades.